2 months have passed since Kai made his solo debut, and 'Mmmh' - the title track of his first solo album, has established quite an impressive record.
- 21 Best K-Pop Music Videos Of 2021, According To Teen Vogue
- Teen Vogue Selects the Best K-Pop Music Videos of 2021
- EXO Kai Drops Comeback Schedule for Second Mini-Album 'Peaches'
Kai officially made his solo debut on November 30, 2020 with 'Mmmh'. Now, the MV for this title track has reached 50 million views on YouTube, about 2 months after its release, accompanied by 2.5 million likes and more than 1 million comments.
Although it is not the greatest achievement in K-Pop, if compared to other idols from SM Entertainment, it is leading a number of categories, such as:
- The fastest MV to reach 50 million views for a K-Pop solo male idol.
- The fastest MV to reach 50 million views for a solo idol from SM Entertainment.
- The first debut MV to reach 50 million views for a solo idol from SM Entertainment.
Worth mentioning, before this memorable milestone, Kai's debut MV recorded many impressive numbers in the first 24 hours of its release.
- The MV for 'Mmmh' reached 8.4 million views and 1.4 million likes on YouTube, becoming the SM Entertainment's solo MV with the most views in 24 hours. In addition, 'Mmmh' trended worldwide and in 37 countries on Twitter.
- It is SM's fastest solo MV to have 1 million likes.
- It is SM's solo MV with the most comments in the first 24 hours.
- It is the solo debut MV with the most comments in K-Pop in its first 24 hours.