When Irene's controversy regarding an editor broke out, fans began to worry about Red Velvet's future as she was not on...
- Red Velvet Confirmed To Make Fall Comeback
- Stars Show Love For BLACKPINK At “BORN PINK” Tour Finale In Seoul
- 5 Hairstyles For When It’s Just Too Hot, Modeled By Your Fave K-Pop Stars
When Irene's controversy regarding an editor broke out, fans began to worry about Red Velvet's future as she was not only the leader but also the member with the highest public awareness of the group. Not only Red Velvet's joint activities, but Irene's individual activities will also be affected significantly when her image has been shattered not only to the public but also to the people in the entertainment industry.
Korean netizens recently listed 3 individual activities that Irene was participating in before the controversy broke out, including:
She is an ambassador, advertising model of the cosmetic brand CLINIQUE
She is an ambassador of the high fashion brand PRADA
She plays a leading role in the upcoming movie 'Double Patty'
Out of these 3 activities, netizens are worried the most about the movie 'Double Patty', because Irene's controversy can affect the efforts of many other artists and staff. Although the production company - KT - has confirmed that 'Double Patty' will still be released later this year as originally scheduled, many people are still concerned that Irene's bad image will have a significant impact on its box office.
Here are some comments by Knet:
- "It's a movie to be released in theaters…"
- "That movie is in big troubles"
- "What should that movie do?"
- "For advertisements, you only need to terminate the contract, but this is an unreleased movie we're talking about..."
- "That movie is done, for sure."
- "I'm sure the brands will not renew their contracts with her."
- "Poor the film crew and other actors."
- "The 'Double Patty' cast and crew are really unlucky this time..."
- "I like Shin Seung Ho so much. This is bad…"
- "Her individual activities are not as many as I thought. Maybe because her image in the industry is not so good, the brands only sign a contract with her once."
- "What? There's only three?"
- "What should we do with the movie… That woman is such a burden for the crew."
Meanwhile, both Irene and SM Entertainment issued apologies after editor Kang Kook Hwa posted an article on Instagram exposing Red Velvet's leader's rude attitude. However, netizens are still asking Irene to leave the group so as not to harm the other members, and at the same time asking Kang Kook Hwa to release the recording she is keeping.