The number of followers gained on Instagram in a month can show how well an idol attract fans and non-fans in that month.
- BTS 'Butter' and 'Permission to Dance' are 2 Most Streamed Songs in Japan for 4 Consecutive Weeks
- BTS V Revealed to be the Most-Mentioned K-pop Idol on Twitter in Japan in 1st Half of 2021
- KOFICE Reveals Most Popular K-pop Artists Among Foreigners in 2018-2020
Instagram has become one of the best ways for K-Pop idols to interact with their fans, especially when many of them now have their own personal accounts instead of just using the group accounts. Many idols with personal accounts have quickly reached millions of followers, and continue to gain a lot of followers every month.
On April 1, K-Pop Radar has updated their monthly chart to show the growth of K-Pop idols' SNS accounts, and here we want to talk about the male K-Pop artists who gained the most Instagram followers this March.
At the top, BTS (@bts.bighitofficial) is the male K-pop group that gained the most Instagram followers this March. The account garnered 1,397,218 more followers in the third month of 2021, bringing their total follower count to 39,350,614 on Instagram.
The BTS members don't use personal Instagram accounts. Instead, Big Hit Entertainment created 2 Instagram accounts affiliated with BTS; the BTS Exhibition Twitter account and the "Love Myself' campaign Instagram account. The accounts are only used by the company to promote BTS's activities. However, that's enough to give it a huge number of followers
As the runner-up this month, ASTRO Cha Eun Woo (@eunwo.o_c) gained 1,123,618 new Instagram followers, making his total follower 19,944,559. The idol almost reached 20 million followers, which is a big milestone for a solo account.
Finishing the top 3 is NCT and SuperM member, Taeyong (@taeoxo_nct). The idol singer collected 726,611 new followers on Instagram in March 2021, bringing his total Instagram follower count to 3,427,522.
This is the first time Taeyong has appeared on this list, because his Instagram account is newly created.
Below is the Top 30 male K-pop idols who gained the most Instagram followers this March:
1. BTS: 1,397,218 new followers
2. Cha Eun Woo (ASTRO): 1,123,618 new followers
3. Taeyong (NCT): 726,611 new followers
4. Mark (NCT): 606,951 new followers
5. Doyoung (NCT): 566,795 new followers
6. Stray Kids: 528,496 new followers
7. Jackson (GOT7): 498,169 new followers
8. Kai (EXO): 442,917 new followers
9. Lucas (NCT): 420,185 new followers
10. Minho (SHINee): 369,421 new followers
11. Jaemin (NCT): 352,836 new followers
12. Jaehyun (NCT): 350,640 new followers
13. Ten (NCT): 344,270 new followers
14. Yuta (NCT): 330,999 new followers
15. Winwin (NCT): 307,458 new followers
16. Key (SHINee): 306,802 new followers
17. Baekhyun (EXO): 305,588 new followers
18. Taemin (SHINee): 302,732 new followers
19. Yangyang (NCT): 304,546 new followers
20. Johnny (NCT): 288,508 new followers
21. WayV: 283,784 new followers
22. Kun (NCT): 278,300 new followers
23. NCT: 269,859 new followers
24. Wonho: 263,678 new followers
25. Xiaojun (NCT): 257,798 new followers
26. Hendery (NCT): 256,659 new followers
27. NCT 127: 224,586 new followers
28. BamBam (GOT7): 214,509 new followers
29. Xiumin (EXO): 201,071 new followers
30. Onew (SHINee): 195,287 new followers