Recently, Choeaedol held a poll concerning which idols they want to see make a comeback in 2021. In the girl group member division of the poll, BLACKPINK Jisoo takes the top spot. Keep on reading to learn more.
- What Is Typical Visual Taste of 5 Biggest Companies In K-Pop At The Moment?
- BLACKPINK Got Stray Kids Bang Chan Fanboying With Their Song “Kill This Love”
- BLACKPINK Becomes Official Ambassadors For the 'United Nations Climate Change Conference UK 2021'
Choeaedol conducted a poll titled "Which female idol are you expecting to make a comeback in 2021?" from Jan. 13 to Jan. 21. The poll garnered 79,358 participants. Sitting at the top spot is BLACKPINK member Jisoo, snagging 28,350 votes.
The female idols sitting in second and third place are also BLACKPINK members. Rosé takes the number two spot with 27,196 votes. In third place, we have BLACKPINK member Jennie with 27,098 votes. Lisa takes fifth place with 25,942 votes, with soloist IU blocking her from taking fourth place with 26,497 votes.
With all the BLACKPINK members ranking within the top 5, it is no exaggeration to say that people are highly anticipating the girl group's next comeback. And with the success they had in 2020, are you even surprised?
In the first half of the year, BLACKPINK collaborated with Lady Gaga for the song "Sour Candy" as a promotional single for Gaga's sixth studio album, "Chromatica'. The song is also included in the album. A month after, YG Entertainment announced that BLACKPINK would be releasing a pre-release single.
On June 26, BLACKPINK released "How You Like That", their first comeback in more than a year. "How You Like That" debuted at number 12 on the Gaon Digital Chart and peaked at number one the following week. Two months later, on Aug. 28, BLACKPINK released another pre-release single titled "Ice Cream", which the group made in collaboration with American singer Selena Gomez.
On Oct. 2, BLACKPINK finally released their first full-length studio album "THE ALBUM" with the title track "Lovesick Girls". With the said album, BLACKPINK became the first-ever million-selling K-pop group, selling around 1.2 million copies within a month of its relase. That same month, Netflix dropped their documentary concerning the girl's careers from their debut until 2020 titled "BLACKPINK: Light Up The Sky."
BLACKPINK is currently preparing for their first online concert titled "THE SHOW". The concert is done in collaboration with YouTube Music. BLACKPINK is scheduled to push through with the concert on Jan. 31, 2021, after being rescheduled from Dec. 27, 2020, due to COVID-19 pandemic regulations.
From 6-30, the ranking goes:
6. Red Velvet's Irene - 14,471 votes
7. Girls' Generation's Yoona - 13,062 votes
8. TWICE's Nayeon - 11,937 votes
9. TWICE's Dahyun - 11,292 votes
10. MAMAMOO's Solar - 11,251 votes
11. TWICE's Tzuyu - 10,891 votes
12. MAMAMOO's Moonbyul - 10,715 votes
13. MAMAMOO's Hwasa - 10,652 votes
14. ITZY's Yeji - 10,284 votes
15. TWICE's Mina - 10,121 votes
16. ITZY's Ryujin - 9,987 votes
17. Red Velvet's Seulgi - 9,880 votes
18. (G)I-DLE's Yuqi - 9,751 votes
19. TWICE's Momo - 9,691 votes
20. Aespa's Winter - 9,632 votes
21. TWICE's Sana - 9,631 votes
22. TWICE's Jihyo - 9,574 votes
23. Red Velvet's Wendy - 9,382 votes
24. TWICE's Jeongyeon - 9,309 votes
25. IZ*ONE's Kim Minju - 9,191 votes
26. Red Velvet's Joy - 9,182 votes
27. Aespa's Karina - 8,698 votes
28. ITZY's Lia - 8,629 votes
29. Oh My Girl's Arin - 8,417 votes
30. IZ*ONE's Jang Wonyoung - 8,302 votes