Mnet’s idol survival program ‘I-land’ has resumed its filming schedule after all 12 trainees and most of the staff were tested negative for COVID-19.
Mnet told Newsen on August 17 that ‘I-land’ has resumed some recordings at its Paju set later in the day. The set’s quarantine was completed over the weekend, while all of the cast members and most of the production team were tested negative for coronavirus. “Very few people are on standby as a result of the inspection, and access to the site will be restricted until the results are released,” the official statement said.
Earlier, an employee from a cleaning service company working for ‘I-land‘ was confirmed positive for COVID-19. That person came to the set of ‘I-land’ on August 12, wore a mask at the time, and there was no interaction. The production team closed the filming site immediately after hearing the news to prevent a potential outbreak.
In a related development, ‘I-land’ told Newsen on August 15 that, “We have been paying attention to quarantine so far so that visitors could only enter the filming site after writing their visiting records and checking for fever, but unfortunately, there has been a confirmed case,” adding, “For safety, both the production team and the cast will be examined.”