Spotify is one of the most popular digital music platforms in the world right now. That’s why the streaming data on Spotify may partly reflect the support of international fans for a certain K-Pop idol (because Spotify has not been officially launched in South Korea). Recently, this famous platform has announced the top 10 most streamed K-Pop artists in July.
July 2020 saw the return of many popular idol groups with quality music products. Therefore, fans have been actively streaming music for their favorite artists. Let’s take a look at the top 10 most popular K-Pop artists on Spotify last month.
- Data is collected from July 1 to July 31, 2020.
- This is the total stream of all of the artist’s songs in July (all songs, not necessarily released in July, are counted).
No.10: HWASA (MAMAMOO) – 32.92 million streams
No.9: NCT 127 – 38.23 million streams
No.8: EXO – 39.58 million streams
No.7: IU – 39.65 million streams
No.6: RED VELVET – 42.12 million streams
No.5: SEVENTEEN – 47.76 million streams
No.4: STRAY KIDS – 63.27 million streams
No.3: TWICE – 92.97 million streams
No.2: BLACKPINK – 220 million streams
No.1: BTS – 433 million streams
Overall assessment of Spotify stream count in July 2020:
- BTS is the most streamed K-Pop boy group and K-Pop artist
- BLACKPINK is the most streamed K-Pop girl group
- IU is the most streamed K-Pop solo artist.
What is your favorite idol’s rank? Please share with us.