The fact that BTS is preparing to release their English single in August has made Korean netizens really excited. On...
- Knetizens react to BTS V's bare face in behind the scenes of BTS x Coldplay's recording
- BTS Announce In-Person Concert 'Permission to Dance On Stage - LA'
- BTS's V receives media attention for his $50,000 luxury bag... and his toes?
The fact that BTS is preparing to release their English single in August has made Korean netizens really excited.
On July 27 (KST), BTS had a live broadcast on Vlive. The broadcast originally consisted of only 3 members, Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook, but then all the other members appeared. Besides sharing some interesting things in their daily life, the Big Hit group surprised fans with the news that they are preparing to release a special single on August 21.
The members said the group will make a comeback with another album in the second half of this year. They has also finished shooting the jacket photos for this new album. However, before the album is released, the group will release a digital single on August 21 with a cheerful summer melody. The most special thing is that this will be a song with lyrics in English. Big Hit Entertainment also confirmed that BTS will post this new single on both Korean and international digital music platforms.
BTS has previously released a number of English songs but they were all unofficial solo songs or collaboration songs, such as 'Waste It On Me' (with Steve Aoki), 'Who' (with Lauv), 'Sweet Night' and 'Winter Bear' (V). Therefore, this will be the first time BTS officially releases a single entirely in English as a group. This not only made the fandom excited but also causes Korean netizens to feel "restless".
Here are some Korean netizens' comments on Theqoo forum about BTS's upcoming English single:
- "The group always sings in Korean or Japanese, so it is time to give international fans an English song."
- "Wow, if the group releases an English song this year, it might increase the score from that radio broadcast!" (Note: Broadcasting on American radio channels. K-Pop songs are thought to be less broadcast on radio because they are mostly in Korean)
- "I could not sleep because I was too excited after hearing this news!"
- "Can't wait any longer, have to learn English right away!"
- "This is a single, so they won't put it in the album, right? The members also said they were not sure if they would put it in the album."
- "OMG, can August 21 come sooner? !! I want to listen to that song!"
- "If it's an English song, it can be big in the US market."
- "New album is coming, there is also a single coming soon !! Can't wait!"
- "I really like songs like 'Dream Glow'! So I'm looking forward to this song."
- "If it is a digital single, we can focus on the Billboard Hot 100, right?"
- "Are they singing English to target the US market? Please release a good song like 'Waste It On Me'!"
- "I think the whole world is going through a very difficult period. So I'm really looking forward to this English song because I think it will be a motivation for everyone."
Are you looking forward to BTS's upcoming English single on August 21?