Do you agree?
- These Are The 15 Most Popular K-Pop Boy Groups And Girl Groups, Based On An Extensive Poll
- These Are The 20 Most Handsome Chinese Idols, According To Over 1.2 Million Votes
- 10+ Male K-Pop Idols Who Defy Gender Norms In High Heels
We’re only a couple of months away from the end of 2022, which means that end-of-the-year K-Pop awards shows and year-end music charts are coming up before too long. And 2022 has been an incredible year for rookie girl groups in particular, with artists like NewJeans, IVE, NMIXX, Kep1er, LE SSERAFIM, and others making a huge wave in the K-Pop industry with only a couple of songs released each.
With so much competition between these artists, there is a lot of speculation and uncertainty about who will be going home with certain rookie awards. At this point, there are several groups that could qualify for many of them!
On a recent online forum post, netizens were asked what they believe to be the biggest “mega-hit” song of 2022. And unlike the various beliefs to the above rookie awards, the answers for this question were actually fairly unanimous.
While there weren’t any definitive criteria mentioned in the comments on the post, the most common answer by a large margin was IVE’s “Love Dive”.
- “Love Dive! The ‘hold your breath XX dive’ even became a meme and I think of all the chorus challenges out thereㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Love Dive?”
- “If I had to pick one, it’d be Love Dive”
- “I think of Love Dive”
- “Love Dive???”
Many comments from international fans responding to the post also agree with their opinions!
- “not even an IVE stan but it’s LOVE DIVE. They deserve a Daesang for this.”
- “Hmmm I think Love Dive, though Tomboy was also a hit song, LD has longevity and was bigger globally as well if that counts. Attention was big and has crazy longevity on the kcharts and everywhere but came out later. And it’s not even the one top biggest song of the second half of the year because After Like is right there. I’d give it to Love Dive, but those three songs were all very powerful.”
- “love dive. any time i see somebody listening to kpop irl their screen is always blue white and black. plus, the numbers speak for themselves. maybe im biased tho bc i play love dive like i need it to breathe”
- “love dive is still #7 on melon charts right now. definitely have better longevity than tomboy and better international charting but we’ll see if they can catch up with gaon points, it seems like they’re getting closer each week”
On the other hand, there were some others who are unsure which song will be the biggest hit between “Love Dive”, (G)I-DLE‘s “TOMBOY”, and even NewJeans’ “Attention”.
- “I don’t think there’s any song that was mega hit level but it’ll be between IVE, NewJeans and Idle”
- “Between Love Dive or Tomboy”
- “I don’t think there was any mega hit, but there were many hits”
- “Love Dive and Tomboy are my choices! Different songs and vibes but both were able to captured the GP!”
- “objectively for idol groups it’s between love dive or tomboy”
- “Can’t say for mega hit but Tomboy and Love Dive are definitely a hit. Attention is quite popular too.”
Do you agree with these fans’ opinions?