BTS is confirmed once again its worldwide popularity. According to Billboard charts, their 7th album 'Map of the Soul:7...
- All 7 BTS Members Have Officially Applied To Defer Their Military Enlistment
- Final Top 20 for 2021 MAMA's Worldwide Fans' Choice
- 20 Most Liked Tracks By Netizens In 2021, According To Melon
BTS is confirmed once again its worldwide popularity. According to Billboard charts, their 7th album 'Map of the Soul:7' is the top-selling album in the United States halfway through 2020.
According to the mid-year report by the business article of Billboard, "BTS’ Map of the Soul: 7 is the top-selling album at the midpoint of 2020, with 552,000 copies sold (see chart, below) across all formats (physical CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes, etc., along with digital album downloads). The Korean pop group’s latest album (and fourth No. 1 on the weekly Billboard 200 chart) was the only title to surpass a half-million in sales in the first half of the year... BTS is also the top-selling artist, in terms of overall album sales across all titles and formats (physical CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes, etc., along with digital album downloads), with 757,000 copies sold of the group’s entire catalog in the first half of 2020. BTS also leads all acts in terms of just physical albums (CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes, etc.), as the group sold 720,000 albums (of its total 757,000) on physical formats."
'Map of the Soul: 7' is composed of four collectible album packages, which is encouraging more sales.
Meanwhile, NCT 127 has ranked number 8 in the midyear top-selling album charts. Their album 'NCT #127: Neo Zone, The 2nd Album' had sold 196,000 copies putting them in the rank as the 8th most sold album.
Here is the Billboard chart for 2020's midyear top-selling albums:
2020’s Midyear Top 10 Selling Albums
1. BTS, Map of the Soul: 7 (552,000)
2. The Weeknd, After Hours (407,000)
3. Halsey, Manic (266,000)
4. Lady Gaga, Chromatica (264,000)
5. Kenny Chesney, Here and Now (249,000)
6. Eminem, Music To Be Murdered By (226,000)
7. Billie Eilish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (198,000)
8. NCT 127, NCT #127: Neo Zone, The 2nd Album (196,000)
9. Justin Bieber, Changes (187,000)
10. Harry Styles, Fine Line (166,000)