As the year 2020 is coming to an end, let's take a look at the best-selling girl groups, who have the highest album sales, in 2020.
- 4 Stories From BLACKPINK Lisa’s Trainee Days That All BLINKs Need To Hear
- 5 Times BLACKPINK Lisa Serves Looks In The Same Outfits As Boy Group Idols
- BLACKPINK And TWICE Set A New Standard For Album Sales, According To Data Analyst
We are less than a month from the new year 2021, and most of the K-Pop groups have released their last album of 2020. The Gaon album chart has just updated its data for November, so this is the right time to look back on this not-so-happy year to see which artists managed to overcome the pandemic and have the highest total album sales.
This year, K-Pop girl groups have proven that they also have the power to sell as much as boy groups. In particular, BLACKPINK, TWICE and IZ*ONE are the 3 groups with total album sales exceeding 1 million copies. Meanwhile, other girl groups, although not reaching that milestone, managed to prove their influence with respectable sales.
Let's take a look at the Top 10 K-Pop girl groups with the highest total album sales in 2020.
- Data is as of the end of November 2020.
- This chart only takes into account albums released in 2020 (both Japanese and Korean albums) and before December 2020.
- The groups' total album sales are calculated from data from Gaon (South Korea) and Oricon (Japan).
- Gaon is a physical album chart based on the total number of albums shipped from record labels / distributors (unlike Hanteo, which only counts actual sales).
Total album sales in 2020: 170,445 copies
Albums released: 'The Tree of Language' and 'Dystopia: Lose Myself'
Total album sales in 2020: 177,959 copies
Albums released:'[#]' and '[12:00]'
No.8: IRENE & SEULGI (RED VELVET)
Total album sales in 2020: 233,847 copies
Albums released: 'Monster'
Total album sales in 2020: 234,387 copies
Albums released: '回: Labyrinth', '回: Song of the Sirens' and '回: Walpurgis Night'
Total album sales in 2020: 248,484 copies
Albums released: 'Travel'
Total album sales in 2020: 295,639 copies
Albums released: 'I Trust', 'Dumdi Dumdi' and 'Oh My God' (Japanese album)
Total album sales in 2020: 401,250 copies
Albums released: 'IT'Z ME' and 'Not Shy'
Total album sales in 2020: 1,090,952 copies
Albums released: 'BLOOM*IZ', 'Oneiric Diary' and 'Twelve' (Japanese album)
Total album sales in 2020: 1,282,973 copies
Albums released: 'MORE & MORE', '# Twice3' (Japanese album) and 'Eyes Wide Open'
Total album sales in 2020: 1,695,630 copies
Albums counted: 'How You Like That' and 'THE ALBUM'
Congratulations to all the K-Pop girl groups being honored in the chart. Which girl groups are you most impressed with?