There’s still a thing that Korean ARMYs aren’t satisfied with BTS’s upcoming concert, even though it costs 8 times more to produce compared to ‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’.
On October 8, Big Hit Entertainment shared the latest news about BTS’s upcoming online concert. According to Big Hit, BTS will hold an online concert titled ‘BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E‘ in Seoul on October 10 and 11. This is BTS’s first concert in 4 months since their first online concert ‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’ was held on June 14 via live broadcast.
‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’ was broadcast simultaneously in 107 locations, recording more than 756,600 viewers and set a Guinness world record with ‘most viewers for a music concert live stream’. It is also the largest paid online concert in the world. And this time, BTS is again putting all their efforts into preparing for an online concert where they can proudly say its scale is even bigger than ‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’.
The title of the concert ‘BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E’ means that this is a one-of-a-kind concert, so it is expected that it will become an epic concert and there will be many more things worth watching than ‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’. Big Hit Entertainment said the production cost of ‘BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E’ was 8 times higher than the previous online concert. The company has prepared 4 major stages to deliver the highest quality performances that only BTS can show. The audience will be able to feel the atmosphere as if they were attending real concerts at four different venues.
In addition, to bring a more special time to the audience, ‘BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E’ is also incorporated with advanced technologies. Viewers all over the world can experience this concert with interactive Augmented Reality (AR) and Extended Reality (XR) technology, along with high picture quality in 4K / HD format, to feel as if they are being at the scene of an offline concert.
Just like ‘BANG BANG CON: The Live’, the next concert will provide ‘Multiview Live Streaming’. This is a service that allows audiences to choose any angle they want to watch from a total of 6 offered angles. This helps the audience to experience in a richer way. Not stopping there, the set list for day 1 and day 2 will have many differences.
With all these factors to look forward to, ‘BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON: E”‘not only attracts ARMYs (their fans), but also makes many non-fans eagerly wait and pay to watch the concert. However, even with such careful investment, BTS‘s new online concert still has one thing that makes ARMYs not completely satisfied. Some ARMYs asked Big Hit to provide them a camera angle for each member, while many other fans said that this is unnecessary because BTS is a group.
Some typical comments from Knet:
- “‘BANG BANG CON’ was almost a fan meeting, while this is a concert, so don’t compare them hahaha…”
- “‘BANG BANG CON’ was not good at all. I won’t spend money on tickets if Big Hit still ignores my request for each member’s own camera angle.”
- “I don’t know why you guys are arguing , but the quality of ‘BANG BANG CON’ is very good. Especially this time, if you are interested in BTS, I recommend you watch the concert. I’m sure you will never regret it…”
- “‘BANG BANG CON’ had too many advertisements, so I wonder if I should pay to watch this concert.”
- “I’m not a fan but I want to see BTS’s concerts, so I’ll pay.”
- “Big Hit, I ask you to provide a camera angle for each member!”
- “‘BANG BANG CON’ was great, so I’m looking forward to BTS’s concert this time.”
- “I don’t understand why so many people are obsessed with watching only one member while BTS is a group…”
- “Is there anything bad about asking for an individual camera angle for each member? You mean those who watch their personal fancams are akgae (fans that support only one member)? Hahahaaha…”
- “It’s annoying to see the akgae insisting on a camera angle for their own favorite member, while this is BTS’s concert ㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Why are you all arguing after all? Is asking for an individual camera for each member worth arguing?”
Do you think an individual camera angle for each member is necessary in BTS’s online concert?