On June 12, KST, K-Pop Radar's weekly charts for the most viewed K-Pop music videos on Youtube were updated to reflect the data that they have gathered for the 24th week of 2021, from June 6 to June 12.
- WEi’s Recent Cover Of (G)I-DLE’s “TOMBOY” Is Receiving Very Mixed Reactions From Netizens
- These Are The Shortest To Tallest Center Members Of 17 K-Pop Boy Groups
- 10 Most Disliked K-Pop Boy Group Music Videos In YouTube History
Want to know if your favorite song gained the most views? Continue reading to find out!
TWICE's "Alcohol-Free" is the Most Viewed K-Pop Music Video for the 24th Week of 2021
Snagging the first spot as the most viewed K-Pop music video for the 24th week of 2021 is none other than TWICE's "Alcohol-Free," which was just released on June 9 KST.
According to K-Pop Radar, TWICE's new release, which is the title track of their new album "Taste of Love," had gained a total of 53,625,066 new views on Youtube in the week alone. Just 24 hours after the release of "Alcohol-Free," the music video had surpassed 20 million views and topped daily Korean charts such as Bugs and Genie.
"Alcohol-Free" is a song that was produced, composed, and written by Park Jin Young, TWICE's very own founder of JYP Entertainment. The song features a combination of hip-hop and Bossa nova styles, with its lyrics expressing the magical feeling of falling in love.
"Alcohol-Free" is also TWICE's first release in almost six months after their digital single, "Cry For Me," which was released in December of last year.
As of this writing, "Alcohol-Free" currently has 70,061,217 views and 2.6 million likes.
EXO's "Don't Fight the Feeling" is the Second Most Viewed K-Pop Music Video for the 24th Week of 2021
Following closely behind TWICE is SM Entertainment's group, EXO, with their newly released song "Don't Fight the Feeling," which was released on June 7, KST. According to K-Pop Radar, "Don't Fight the Feeling" gained a total of 50,783,205 new views on their music video just five days after its release.
On June 8, just 24 hours after its release, the song had already surpassed 20 million views on Youtube. "Don't Fight the Feeling" is part of EXO's special album of the same name. What makes this album even more special is the return of their Chinese member, Lay, to the group after being inactive since "Don't Mess Up My Tempo."
In addition, the music video for "Don't Fight the Feeling" became the fastest within SM Entertainment's artists to reach more than 5 million views, with EXO achieving this feat within three hours of the song's release. Besides that, EXO also gained the title of being the SM Entertainment artist to have the fastest music video to a million comments on Youtube with only five hours.
"Don't Fight the Feeling" is also the most liked SM Entertainment music video in just 24 hours, with the music video already surpassing two million likes just within six hours after its release. As of this writing, the music video currently has 54,665,353 views and 3.9 million likes.
These are the Top 15 Most Viewed K-Pop Music Videos for the 24th Week of 2021:
*views gained in the week
1. TWICE - "Alcohol-Free" (+53,625,066)
2. EXO - "Don't Fight the Feeling" (+50,783,205)
3. BTS - "Butter" (+36,054,754)
4. WEi - "Bye Bye Bye" (+13,051,433)
5. BTS - "Dynamite" (+11,554,648)
6. EPEX - "Lock Down" (+10,756,714)
7. GHOST9 - "Up All Night" (+8,294,908)
8. MONSTA X - "GAMBLER" (+8,047,581)
9. BTS - "Boy With Luv" (+7,684,389)
10. BTS - "Butter (Cooler Remix)" (+7,065,139)
11. BTS - "Butter (Hotter Remix)" (+7,025,865)
12. BLACKPINK - "How You Like That" (+6,849,379)
13. NCT DREAM - "Hot Sauce" (+6,760,534)
14. BLACKPINK - "DDU-DU DDU-DU" (+6,596,125)
15. PSY - "Gangnam Style" (+6,570,780)
Did your favorite K-Pop artist make it in the top 15?