Yet some fans think her talent is being wasted with the group’s songs.
- 'O.O' Becomes NMIXX's 1st Song To Hit 100 Million Streams On Spotify
- JYP Entertainment Reveals Sales And Operating Profits For The 3rd Quarter Of 2022 + Artists' Plans For 2023
- Stray Kids Takes 6th Win For “CASE 143” On “Music Bank”; And Performances By (G)I-DLE, N.Flying, And More
Whether you like NMIXX‘s unique and unusual songs or not, it’s impossible to say that the members of the group aren’t incredibly multi-talented.
Besides the leader and maknae positions, there aren’t any real “official” positions in the group, likely due at least in part to each member’s multitude of skills.
One member in particular, though, was considered an “ace” among the members even as a trainee due to her many talents and eye-catching visuals: Haewon.
Even though there aren’t official positions in NMIXX, Haewon is listed as the leader, and is also named one of the unofficial main vocalists alongside Lily due to her phenomenal singing abilities.
According to a post on an online forum, she was such an all-rounder as a trainee with skills in singing, dancing, visuals, and having the “star factor” that she was expected to become the center of whatever group she debuted with.
With visuals, she was compared to people who participate on dating shows Heart Signal and Transit Love, and was also said to have the “announcer-type” visuals, with particular praise for her pretty facial features.
As for vocals, she was praised for her unique voice and voice colors, which seems to still be what many consider her strongest skills.
While there were claims that people said she didn’t “look like a dancer” because of her face, she certainly keeps up easily with her fellow members when it comes to performing complex choreographies!
Along with these skills, she was also praised for her leadership abilities, MC skills, and performs well on variety shows for viewers’ entertainment.
Because of all these traits, claims the online post, people were certain that she would end up debuting as an idol, possibly as the “ace” of the group.
There are several comments on the post agreeing with the writer’s sentiments about Haewon’s skills.
- “She’s the innocent type but she’s able to pull off anything, she has good idol skillsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Haewon’s skills are good and if you look at her shorts, you can see that she understands trends well. I hope they start pushing her on variety”
- “She’s the type to be successful even though she didn’t become an idolㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She’s always showing up on my shorts and she’s so charmingㅋㅋㅋ”
- “her I Love You 3000 is still one of the best covers I’ve heard. her runs were soooo smooth. she’s one of their best dancers too, definitely the all-rounder of the group considering her vocal talent + dance skills”
- “unquestionably talented plus hilarious no matter how many times i see the same viral videos of her i still laugh she’s an entertainer in the true sense of the word”
There are also some comments about the other members being highly skilled too, with some criticizing the songs they’ve been given that “waste their potential”.
- “Most of the members of this group are incredibly well rounded and would be the ace of most other groups. The problem is the music and concept, not the members.”
- “All members of NMIXX are so talented and funny… Please JYP, give them a good song…”
- “But I think that she’s still the ace of the group though, JYP just sucks”
Hopefully Haewon will have plenty more opportunities to showcase her wide range of talents soon!