The photos were edited with malicious intent.
- NewJeans, BLACKPINK, SEVENTEEN, IVE, And More Make Rolling Stone’s “The 100 Best Songs Of 2022” List
- IVE Wonyoung Remakes Jun Ji Hyun's Iconic 1999 Samsung Commercial
- The Top 30 Most-searched K-pop Idols On Google Worldwide This Year
This article includes descriptions of body image issues or eating disorders that may disturb some readers.
It’s not a surprise that IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung has a very small frame. While she stands tall at around 173cm, her body is slim and petite thanks to strict care. But her thin frame began to draw concern when photos of her on stage began to circulate on community forums. The posts went viral. While fans were concerned for her health, haters used it as a reason to be malicious, calling her frame “malnourished” and “disgusting.”
Later on, netizens proved them to be edited. While Wonyoung is definitely on the thinner s
ide, her limbs are not scarily thin like in the edited photos. in a recent journalist photograph dated October 3, 2022, Wonyoung’s legs look healthier, despite the slimming black stockings.
By comparing the original screenshot from the music show performance and the viral edited picture, fans concluded that someone had edited the photos with malicious intent.
It was clear that someone had tried to draw more hate for Wonyoung.
Although she is by far one of the slimmest celebrities out there, the actual size of her body is not as scarily thin as in the edited photos. Many haters used the pictures to claim that Wonyoung was starving herself.
Netizens finally realized the truth behind the photos and called out the haters for their obviously malicious intent.
- “There was even a news article that used the edited photos so the fans were feeling so unfair. What’s so wrong about having complained then? They should make this into an article too to release some of those feelings.”
- “You did well in uploading this. I was so frustrated about not being able to refute it back then even though I knew it was edited. Good job, OP.”
- “It gives me the creeps to think about how they edited her limbs one by one.”
Even though it comes a little bit late, hopefully, with the clarifications, the edited photographs will not be used further to prevent misunderstandings.